Friday, September 10, 2010

Debate #1

If you find $100, is it yours to keep?

19 comments:

  1. Michael P. yes I think you should because when the person dropped the bill they lost it and now who ever finds it its theirs to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on where I find it ,if i find it in a store I might turn it in. But if i find it on the street of course Im going to take it. Either way I want that hundred dollars. If I see it fall out of someones pocket or someone looking for it I'll give it back to them but I'll miss that hundred dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicolas G, No I don't think it is yours to keep. You should return it to the store because they might have been shoplifted.Or it might have been someones and they need it. The 100 dollar bill might belong to a store and the clerk might see you walk away and call the police on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that if you find a hundred dollar bill you should keep it. If you find one hundred dollars just lying there grab it because the person who it belongs to might be already half way across town. If you try to give it to someone then your out a hundred dollars. I think it should be yours finders keepers losers weepers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you find a 100 dollar bill I think you shouldn't keep it. I think you should tell the teacher or the office. Then someone who lost their money would get it back. If I had lost my money I would hope someone was nice enough to tell the teacher or the office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no way id pick it up and give it to a store keeper and because that's like stealing with out any one knowing you stole it.And i might be able to keep it after a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kyle I would keep it if I fond it at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, because even if no one is claiming it at the moment, they may not notice it is gone until later. Even if you might want the beautiful piece of paper,to me, it's not right to steal. At that point in time I would turn it into a police station or ask an elder what to do with it. They might have an answer. It also depends on where you find it. If you find it near a store I might turn it into them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kyle G, I do agree with you. Yes it does depend on where you find it. For example if you find it in a garbage it's yours to keep. But if you find it in a store then you should give it back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think if you find 100 dollars, its yours to keep!! I think that because the person who dropped it, should of been more careful. It would be a benefit for my cruise to Hawaii. If I was the person who dropped it, I would of thought to stick way in the back of my wallet in stead of hanging it loose in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nick I think you should return it if your in a store but If it's on the street it's fair game.They dropped it and you found it finders keepers.Plus ita a hundred dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No because if I found it you do not know who it belongs to so i would no keep it i would try to find somewhere to turn it in to a bank or somewhere i can trust to put it somewhere safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it depends where you find it. If you find it at a store i would turn it in. but if I found it at a park I would keep it because if you tried to find who it belonged to, lots of people would say its theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No I would take it to a local bank and turn it in. Or i would take it to a store because that i like steeling and that is not right. So who ever would keep it i think that that would not be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacob I disagree. Think of it this way. If a hundred dollars falls out of your pocket and later on in the day you reach into your pocket and discover that your $100 dollars are gone, wouldn't you want the person who found the money to turn it in?

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I found a 100 dollar bill just laying on the sidewalk then yes, I would pick it up, but if I saw someone looking for it or I saw it fall out of someone's pocket I would return it to them. If you find it at a public place like a store or a restaurant then you should turn it in to a manager or employ. You might wish you would have kept it for your self but, how would you feel if someone took you money that you had accidentally dropped?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with Kyle G. because if you're in a store, someone might come back and check the store and ask if they'd seen a 100 dollar bill. If I had found it in a parking lot I would of kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with Cindy because if someone dropped 100 dollars on the ground, it should be yours because that person should have been more careful where they put their money.

    ReplyDelete